This Privacy and Cookies Policy (sometimes referred to as “privacy statement” or the “statement”) is intended for those browsing/using pharmdedict.com (the “Website”). This privacy statement sets out how PharmDedict uses and protects any information that you provide to PharmDedict when you use the Website.
For any personal information provided by user to us via the contact form on the Website, e-mail, fax, voice mail or phone, please also refer to our Data Privacy Notice.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS/USE THE WEBSITE. By using the Website you agree and accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy and consent to the collection and use of information in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
PharmDedict is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the Website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PharmDedict may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This statement is effective from January 1st, 2017.
What we collect
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the contact form on the Website, in particular for the purpose of recruitment, inquiries, etc. By using the Website contact form we may collect the following information:
– Name and Phone Number.
– Other contact information including without limitation email address.
– Other information provided by user, subject to it being demonstrated as being of relevance.
What we do with the information we gather
We will use the information you provide to us by using the contact form mainly in order to process the relevant (application/inquiry) form. We may also use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our services.
– We may periodically send promotional email about new services, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
– We may use the information to customise the Website according to your interests.
Please note that in order to process your (application/inquiry) form we may on occasion be required to share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf. However, we have taken steps to ensure that all such entities protect your data adequately. In relation to any other third parties we will only disclose your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
We use up-to-date data storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer’s hard disk or on a website server. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences (for example, your consent to cookie usage). Such cookies do not retrieve information about you stored on your hard drive, and do not corrupt or damage your computer or computer files. You are not obliged to accept a cookie that we send to you, and you can modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies are typically divided into four main types, we may use some or all:
– Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of a website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
– Analytical/performance cookies. These types of cookies allow providers to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around their website when they are using it. This assists providers in improving the way their website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
– Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise users when they return to a website. They enable the personalisation of content, the recognition of users and remember user preferences (for example, their choice of language or region).
– Targeting cookies. These cookies record a user’s visit to a website, the individual pages visited and the links followed. If the cookie is set by a third party (for example, an advertising network) which also monitors traffic on other websites, this type of cookies may also be used to track a user’s movements across different website and to create profiles of their general online behaviour. Information collected by tracking cookies is commonly used to serve users with targeted online advertising.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com and have your information updated and/or deleted.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information submitted by the Website contact form to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the applicable Data Protection Act. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible (privacypharmdedict.com). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.